Sunday, February 10, 2008
Chuck E Cheese Trauma
So last night some of our good friends called us up wanting to know if we could go to yes, that's right Chuck E Cheese. For those of you who have never experienced this magical (ha ha) place let me give ya the run down. First of all it is way over priced - $25 for a large nasty pizza and four pops, but get this, you get 40 tokens which you can use on rides whoa nelly! It doesn't stop there, after you play on all of the germ infested rides and games they give you like 5 tickets that you can redeem at the counter for a plastic fish or something your child will really cherish:) My friend is way on top of things though and she had gotten some coupons from the internet, and the kids absolutely love it, so we really thought it would be fun for them. After telling Tyler that we would be going to Chuck E Cheese, he was thrilled! You have never seen a more excited child, he was talking about rides, games, tokens, and could not WAIT to get there. When we got there, literally the whole city of Cleveland was at Chuck E Cheese and it was going to be at least an hour wait, so that's right, we had to tell Tyler we weren't going in. The poor child had his coat off and we weren't even in the door yet! He was scoping out all the rides and I cannot tell you the shot of pain I felt after crushing his dreams by telling him we weren't going to get to go in! OUCH! Everything worked out, we went to our friends and had $5 pizza on their living room floor and watched a movie, and it was way better than the germ infested Chuck E Cheese. PS I'm taking Tyler and Halle there for lunch next week to make up for the trauma they experienced last night:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
Imagine if everyone got that excited about nasty Chuck E Cheese! Let's hope that when you take them next week you'll actually make it in the door, I don't know how much disapointment Tyler can handle. By the way we think Tyler should came use that fishing pole in Lake Meridith, it's only 15 miles from here! ~Lacee
Remember how my poor child's b-day party was there....still too sad to laugh about :)! j/k! Maybe you could spread some used kleenex around your house and give out a few pennies for some pretend horsie rides and call it even! Thanks for calling Kamree, it was so sweet of you to remember! PS- my cake turned out quite sad, and you said it was simple- you are my new Rachel Ray! We love you! TYler- come here and catch us a shark....I dare you!
Oh, poor Tyler! Remember when you came to Chuch E Cheese with us after Carter was born. Yes, it is totally nasty, but the kids love it so much. It must be in the franchise set of rules that it has to be nasty and germ infested because they are all the same! Good luck going back next week. Let us know how it goes.
Way to shoot your child's dream down!! JK. I am not a big fan of the place either. Glad you still got pizza and a movie out of the deal!!
cute new layout!
ugh! we experienced that exact same thing last year about this time in Cleveland. We promised Carsen we would go there the first time he went poop in the potty which, unfortunately, landed on a Saturday. so we went with some friends and it was a total mob scene! your description of how gross and overpriced it is was LOLs...and right on :). Glad you had a fun night anyway!
Oh poor Tyler... I bet he was crushed! I loved your explanation of Chuck E. Cheese Ha Ha!!! I'm glad it all worked out for you... and maybe I'll send you some clorox wipes for your next adventure to see the Chuck!:)
Oh Chuck E Cheese! Poor Tyler, I hope he can forgive you after you go this week! I bet the $5 pizza was 12 times better then the rubber pizza they serve there! Glad everyone survived!
I haven't been "blogging" for such a long time (a few weeks anyway). Your posts are all cute and help me feel like I am keeping up on your family. I have endured 2 birthday parties at Chuck E Cheese. What more can I say?
here in P-town, CEcheese is the same way. what is it with WT pizza places scoring so much money?
But for sucka's like me who can let my kids run wild and play when its freezing outside and do my favorite thing...eat, I would pay ANYTHING!
HeeHee! I had to laugh when I checked your blog this time... we choose the same background, great minds think alike!:)
poor little guy. I hate dissapointing my kids like that. Kaylee have a bday party invite to chuckie cheese and she was so thrilled. I was telling her how fun it would be for her to go, and then i noticed when i went to mark it on the calander it was on sunday. She tried to be tough, but i could tell it was tearing her up!
What a funny but tragic experience for your little guy. :) Something has always "come up" when my kids have been invited to chuck e cheese birthday bashes. Maybe it's my claustrophobitis that kicks in, or my germitis that kicks in...I couldn't tell you. But, we've never been there. Does that make me a bad mom???
It's great to be a kid when life can seem so great from something so simple as pizza, cheap prizes, and fish barbeques. Let us know if you survive the lunch trip. I think I should buy stock in germ-x for how much I have to buy and we don't even have a Chuck E Cheese in show low! Love ya
Kara
haha aw thats sad poor tyler:( this is chloe by the way. i cant wait to see you guys in 4 days!!! we miss you guys sooo much! hows he teeth school goin chase? ready to go see lebron?! haha well see you guys in a while! love you
I can totally relate to that! Just the mention of Chuck E Cheese sends Caden bounding around the room giggling. I'm glad it all worked out for you.
I've missed surfing around on your blog! Our dial-up days are just a few months from over, hopefully :). It's so good to get caught up on you even if it's only every month or so for now. Miss you always! :)
Hey CC (that's short for Cool Cousin). Got to love Chuck E. Cheese! I give you credit for even attempting to go. That takes courage. :) But it is every kids' dream. I remember going with your family when we were little. I was in heaven, but so jealous because you guys apparently got to go all the time (you did live in the big town). I think we went once. So deprived. :) It is so fun to read your blog! Now we can keep in better touch! Your kiddos are so cute!
Krista-
I loved the Chucky Cheese story. I took Tyler there for his birthday this year and had a similia rexperience. The only good part is that one of the rides broke and tickets kept pouring out. So we did end up with a bunch of tickets.We told the owners but they didn't seem to care. Hey what is you phone number? I lost it, but want to catch up. Looks like were moving to Helena- Montana next month. I really want you to move back to MOntana someday.
I sure like you! Emily
Krista-
I loved the Chucky Cheese story. I took Tyler there for his birthday this year and had a similia rexperience. The only good part is that one of the rides broke and tickets kept pouring out. So we did end up with a bunch of tickets.We told the owners but they didn't seem to care. Hey what is you phone number? I lost it, but want to catch up. Looks like were moving to Helena- Montana next month. I really want you to move back to MOntana someday.
I sure like you! Emily
Just in case you were wondering, it's time to update! ~Lacee
Post a Comment